Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Favorite Zucchini Pizza Recipes

A very dear friend of mine, Sisily first introduced this pizza to me about two years ago and I'm not afraid to say that "I'm addicted."
 
These Zucchini Pizza Recipes are super easy and fun to make. The prep time is very minimal and you can make them as simple or as elaborate as you like. The combinations of veggies is endless, offering you a variety of tastes each time you make this Zucchini Pizza.
 
In my opinion, the best benefits to this recipe are:
 
--- 1) You are eating living food, not a chemical product created to "look" like food
--- 2) You can eat as much as you like for under 200 calories (on average)
--- 3) Fat free, cellulite free, and guilt free
--- 4) Your body will love you for feeding it nutritious food
--- 5) You will feel great!
 
Give these recipes a try, and I promise you will be addicted too!
Traditional Zucchini Pizza
This first recipe, the traditional Zucchini Pizza is my favorite. I make it for dinner at least once a week.

You will need an 8inch round pie pan, 4-6 zucchini's, & 6-8 egg whites
 
Some toppings I like to use are: onions, tomatoes, peppers (yellow, red, & green) garlic, mushrooms, olives, corn, artichokes, cauliflower, and broccoli.
 
Pasta  Sauce (optional) I don't use any sauce. This recipe does not need any and is perfectly moist and crispy as is.
 
---- First, coat your pan with a little oil
---- Slice the zucchini in round1inch circles
---- Bake for approx. 30 min on 350 degrees
---- Remove from oven and cool slightly
---- Slice and layer your veggies on your zucchini pizza crust
---- Add fresh basil, sea salt, pepper or any other of your favorite spices
---- Optional (add a bit of mozzarella or Parmesan Cheese
---- Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes till veggies are slightly brown & crispy
---- Remove from oven and enjoy!

Zucchini Pizza Sticks
The second recipe, my Zucchini Pizza Sticks are very similar but can be a little more fun to make (and easier to eat).
 
The primary difference is that the zucchini is the crust of your pizza and you don't use any egg whites.
 
Simply slice the zucchini in half (lengthwise) and remove the center portion. Then you simply layer on your veggies and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-20 min (depending on your oven) and enjoy....
 
I hope you enjoy my Zucchini Pizza recipes and don't forget to subscribe and join my email list for more fun recipes and tips to keep happy and healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment